Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Construction Trip

I had the opportunity to go to Umboldi for a few days last weekend. The purpose of the trip was to fix up an existing bathroom in the translation house used by the Bible translators and literacy workers. There were several leaks in the pipes and the shower floor was completely broken. I'm happy to report the bathroom is in good working condition again and there is now a solid shower base installed.

We are very thankful for the help of one of our co-workers here in PNG, Brad. He has more experience than me in plumbing related work and was critical to the success of this trip. We even had some spare time at the end of the trip to look at some small engine repairs (Brad has some experience in this area as well).

The work was a blessing to the translation teams but Brad and I were also blessed as we enjoyed the PNG hospitality. It was a special joy to worship with the Gwahatike people on Sunday morning. Sorry, I forgot to get a picture of the worship service.

Enjoy the pictures!

The bathroom after the demolition stage. Sorry, I forgot to take pics of the finished product. You'll have to trust us that we completed the work.

I was able to fix a couple computer problems during the visit as well.

Brad taking part of an engine apart to find out what part is needed.

Hiking down to catch a boat to Madang.

This was my view during the drive from Madang back home to Ukarumpa. Nafian and Brad are smiling a bit too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment